They’veWell we have four books that are likely to launch around Easter. How about that folks? How amazing for our little group of writers – more about that later.
We need to talk about launch ideas, so I’m going to put a few relevant ideas on here plus maybe some whacky ones too. Please email me to add more.
- How authors can maximise their descriptions, Jane Friedman tells us how.
- We’ve heard about blogtours – how do we get involved? What is a blog tour?
- Here’s are links to blog tours – must check them out to see how useful they are Lola’s Blog tours Goddess Fish Promotions
- Don’t forget those important Facebook sites that allow you one posting on release date.
- Here’s another Facebook site which may be useful One stop fiction authors resources group
- Awesome Gang – a Chindi member reported this organisation as being awesome.
- Twitter adverts – well Book Tribe is free, but there are plenty which charge,which to choose? There’s the rub.
- Of course, the important local stuff, like the launch itself and accompanying advertising, book signings etc.
- Advice for book launches General advice Further launch tips & 7 essentials for the book launch 10 Steps to a successful book launch
- Author Hour – Are you an author? Tweet us with
#TheAuthorHour hashtag plus details of your book. Wednesdays 8 – 9 pm GMT.
- If you are prepared to give paperbacks away do it with London Underground Fairies are hiding books to be found on the Underground, Finders tweet and post pictures of them reading the books. They’ve just gone global. Send for the stickers and plant you’re books wherever you want.
- Cross Promotions – where authors within a genre will cross promote each others work Bookhubonline